According to a famous quote, “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way”. Good leadership is an essential factor that adds to the success of an organization. An able leader transforms potential into reality. It is the key human resource for a company. With changing market trends and increasing competition in the market, having good leaders is vital for an organization.After all, it is the leader of the company who makes sure that the organization is functioning smoothly. An able and experienced leader makes sure that the employees of an organization are performing competently to reach the targets set by the company.
- There are certain qualities that a good leader must have. He must be approachable, friendly, honest and patient enough to deal with the various problems faced by the organization and its employees from time to time. There are many benefits of having good leaders in the organization. You can have a look at the following points to get a clear idea about the various advantages of having able leaders in the management of a company.
- Promotes a healthy work culture-One of the main benefits of having experienced leaders in a company is they promote a good work culture. The employees can talk to a leader easily about the various problems that they are facing and a good leader will advise the workers accordingly. The interaction between the workers and leaders of an organization promotes a healthy work atmosphere within the organization.
- Motivates the employees to work harder- A good leader is friendly and approachable. They give work-related guidance to the employees. They also take advice from the workers on various issues from time to time. This ensures efficiency among the employees and also motivates them to work harder.
- Helps in retaining the employees-Another benefit of having good leaders in an organization are they help in retaining employees for a longer period of time. The approachable and friendly nature of the leaders makes them popular among the workers. The employees can discuss their work-related problems and issues with the leaders and the leaders can solve their problems accordingly.
- Ensures transparency in the organization-A vital advantage of having good leaders in an organization is they act as the medium between the employees and the employers. Thus ensuring transparency and accountability. They keep the employees well informed about the changing policies and the goals of the company. A good leader keeps the employers informed about the various employees, their needs and demands from time to time.
In this era of specialized leadership, it is vital for the leaders of the organization to undergo special leadership training and development programs. They don’t simply produce leaders but they produce able and skilled leaders who contribute more to the profit-earning motive of the company. On job consultancy opportunities are expanding within organizations to enhance the productivity of their employees.