Recruitment and Selection is an essential part of every organization. Every organization has certain rules and regulations related to hiring. One must select the employees carefully because it is the employees who add to the benefit of the company. Another very important aspect about an organization is the employees must be under a good leader and only then they will be able to perform properly.
The following points will give you a brief idea about the things you need to follow while hiring your first employee.
- Cost- One of the first things that you must consider while hiring your first employee is the cost. Now when we are talking about cost, we don’t mean only the salary of the employee. There are numerous other things related to cost that you must take into account like security benefits. It is very important to evaluate the cost of the extra benefits also while hiring a candidate.
- Legal requirements- Prior to hiring an employee you also need to know certain rules which you can or cannot do as an employee. You need to know the proper rules regarding overtime stipulation, minimum hour, wage requirements and many more things.
- Finding applicants- While hiring an employee, you are obviously going to make sure that you are hiring the best. Finding a good candidate is quiet a challenge. There are many job seekers who apply for a post without even reading the job requirements. Post the job requirement on the various online job portals and shortlist candidates mainly on the basis of their past experiences, skills and educational qualifications.
- Interviewing- The interview round is very important as it helps you understand the candidate and it helps the candidate understand you. Your first employee will help a lot in determining how your workplace culture will look like. So you must try to figure out his skills, strengths, weaknesses, and work ethics in the interview itself. The interview round will also help you determine how much the candidate will be able to benefit your organization.
- Training- Training is as important as hiring. Your first employee will represent your organization and therefore you need to train him properly according to your needs. The right training will help your organization grow more.
Now, that you know about the things that you must do while hiring your first employee, follow them and it will definitely add to the profit earning motive of your company.