A recruitment drive is one of the most crucial steps of workforce build up and management within an organization. Moreover, it is the beginning of the year and most of the companies are looking out for candidates to fill out positions and add to the workforce as and where required. Therefore, it is essential to look in to the detailed stages of recruitment and selection process that will benefit companies and organizations in this approach.
- In order to initiate the recruitment process, there is a certain level of preparation required. One of the primary initiative of this preparation is candidate sourcing. The company needs to have a well-organized and updated database of candidate profiles that can be utilized readily. This is essential as it helps in better selection of candidates. Otherwise if the candidate profiles are looked in to after the job posting, it might not yield desired results.
- The second preparation initiative is the job ad development and posting. Developing a job ad is a critical task as it determines the type and quality of candidate profiles that are going to be sourced for the position. One should keep in mind that while writing the job description, there should be clear distinction between the skill sets that are mandatory and the ones that will be an added advantage for the candidate. Certain perks related to the position can be mentioned as well for attracting candidates as well.
- The next in line initiative is application tracking. There are many online and offline tools that are being used by companies for this task. There are popular application tracking systems that are managing this process effectively and efficiently. One needs to remember that during this phase there are a lot of random applications that come in for the positions. They need to be precisely pointed and removed from the process.
- Resume shortlisting is the next in line process of the recruitment and selection. Out of numerous applications, desired candidate profiles need to be selected for further screening and analysis. Going through the resumes and profiles and selecting a desired number of them from the lot is a part of the prescreening process which determines the next levels of recruitment.
- Based on the initial screening the candidate is progressed in for a telephonic interview round in order to understand the skill set, technical knowledge and communication skills of him or her. This stage helps in understanding the capabilities of the candidate to a great extent and his or her ability to suit for the position.
- If the candidate is found convincing after the telephonic round, a face to face interview is scheduled to better understand the prospect. In this stage, the communication skills, problem solving ability, professional behavioral pattern and other soft skills can be evaluated with perfection.
- Finally, if the candidate clears the face to face interview round, the on boarding process is commenced. In this the necessary paperwork’s are done along with passing on information to the candidate regarding the organization, its work culture and team in which he or she will be associated with takes place.