The traditional recruitment services provided by placement consultants are falling short of meeting up the demands of modern corporate world. Hence they have broadened their service basket beyond resume collection and interviews to other segments such as proposal and implementation of creative recruitment strategies, assisting in on boarding, formulating HR policies and much more. Among all these services, creative recruitment strategies are one of the crucial areas of expertise. Some of the creative hiring strategies proposed by placement consultants are mentioned as follows.
- Implementing a self selection process is a basic move that lowers the amount of selection process. This can be performed through an open group invitation to a discussion. For example, calling in all the applicants for an open forum discussion. Some are bound to take a back seat. There will be a significant percentage that will not appear for the discussion. Hence it represents their interest towards the opportunity through which the short listing can be done.
- After the initiation group event, another discussion round can be held among the candidates selected from initial screening. This helps in understanding the basic communication skills, presentation abilities, logical point of views and professional behavioral standpoint of the candidates. Instead of waiting for the interview process in the every end to judge the soft skills, this reduces the effort of next level technical assessment.
- Reaching out to the passive candidates does the trick many times. These candidates mostly belong to the employed groups who are not looking for jobs. It is better to find out ways to approach such candidates with an offering that strikes the interest of the candidate for a job change. The best way to do so is to present certain factors that show the candidate skills are needed by the employer or the recruiter.
- Job fairs have become old fashioned. Most people do not attend such fair because of lack of time or they already have a job. It is better to look for candidates in online forums where intellectuals take part in active discussion related to industry and market trends.
- Social media is everywhere. It is always better to make an offering there. These platforms have the highest traffic throughout the year. Interesting opportunities should be presented in similar manner. Small games that showcase problem solving scope or certain new technology quiz sparks up the interest to a great extent present the job offering in the best way.
- Former candidates make good considerations. While it might sound a bit off the track, former candidates who had been rejected due to a certain skill set absence or were not in line with the requirement in the past may have a chance of suiting the job profile now.
- Referral programs are a rage. Combining that with incentives can work wonders towards effective hiring. Employees who work within organizations know the requirements better than anyone else outside the system. So they have a better chance of referring apt candidates than outside sources.
Lastly, understanding the requirement of the company is essential, whether it is a full time employee or part time worker or a consultant. This distinction helps in minimizing costs to a considerable level.