There are very debates occurring regarding the importance of HR in workplaces. In earlier days the role of HR was confined to recruitment and pay cheques only. But with the changing trends in the market and rising competition among organizations, the role of HR has changed. These days the HR has become an integral part of an organization. There is role is not only about recruitment but they perform various other tasks like strategy planning, employee satisfaction, interaction and maintaining a balance between the employees and the employers.
You can have a look at the following points to get a brief idea about the various important tasks that an HR performs in order to add to the profit-earning motive of the company.
- Maintains Transparency-One of the major roles of an HR these days is they act as the medium between the employees and the employers. They keep the employees aware of the changing policies of the company from time to time. On the other hand, they keep the employers informed about the needs and demands of the employees and their work performance from time to time.
- Maintain a healthy rapport with the employees-Another very important role of HR these days is that they interact with the employees. Interacting with the employees ensures a healthy rapport with the employees. The employees can easily talk about the work-related problems to the HR and they can solve the problems accordingly. Interaction ensures a healthy work culture which motivates the workers to work harder and gives them adequate job satisfaction.
- Revision of Salary-An important job role of HR these days is they closely monitor how efficiently an individual is working and they also evaluate how the particular employee is adding to the profit-earning motive of the company. The HR also reviews the market salary from time to time in order to provide the employees with appraisals.
- Contributes towards Team-Building-These days team building has become very important.Afterall, the employees of the company must work as a team to achieve the targets efficiently and in lesser time. It is the HR who contributes towards effective team building. When the employees of an organization are working as a team, efficiency increases.
- Employee Benefit Programs-While joining a company, an employee checks what are the additional perks that the company is providing them with.The HR does a thorough market research from time to time and provides attractive employee benefits programs in order to retain the employees for a longer period of time.
- Evaluate the Skills of the Employees-As mentioned earlier, the job of an HR is not only about recruitment. They also evaluate thoroughly the skills and abilities of the candidates in order to hire the right employees for a particular job profile.
Therefore, it is very important for a company to hire an able HR so that they can add more to the profit-earning motive of the company. A manpower consulting company helps the organization hire the right kinds of candidates.There are many such consultancies but all of them are not reliable enough. It is very important for you to do adequate market research before hiring such services.