Recruitment Consultancy can be considered as an intermediary between the business and candidate. The client company benefits from the better staff hiring that contributes towards workforce stabilization, performance and achievement of business goals while job seekers benefit from a boost in the career graph in the right direction. However, choosing a recruitment consultancy can be challenging task for every company. There are certain pointers that needs to be kept in mind while partnering with such a consultancy.
- The first and foremost measure to be taken is to perform an in-depth research on the consultancy. It is better to go through the profiles for at least 10 to 15 consultancies before short listing a few from the list. Then it is necessary to go through their profiles and expertise and preferably the client list. Most of these information is readily available in the website of the consultancies. The client company can also look for reviews from the previous partnering companies as well. This gives a good insight about the functioning performance of the consultancy.
- It is better to hold up a face to face interview with the consultancy representatives. This helps in understanding the scope of services of the consultancy along with the prime industries for which the services have been provided. This makes the understanding more relatable and fruitful at the same time. It also aids in understanding whether the consultancy has been involved in hiring niche technical professionals which are more advanced and rare at the same time.
- It is also better to consider the profile of the workforce the consultancy has. It can be in terms of number of senior recruiters present in the consultancy, any recruiter associated with specific field level recruitment expertise, specific recruitment services and such like.
- If the company is in need for specific type of labor requirement, then it should for a consultancy that provides the same. In certain cases, the company is in need of contractual labor, temporary workforce or freelancers and consultants. Then it is better to opt for consultancies who are experienced in providing such type of labor within a limited time frame for better project and business management.
- If the company plans to go ahead with the service of the consultancy, then it always advisable to ask for the procedure and details of the service well in advance. It is important to know the process in which the consultancy will undertake the recruitment process and to what extent will assist in the selection procedure. Based on this the further decision on the service can be taken up. Also other details related to the service delivery, payment and legal terms need to be penned down in a written agreement for clarity.
Lastly, the communication channel between the company and the consultancy should be predefined and followed by word. The point of communication should also be decided so as to avoid multiple communication confusion among various individuals regarding the updates and proceedings of the recruitment process.