The collaborative hiring process is a different approach to the recruitment from the traditional or conventional hiring methods. In this approach, the hiring managers do not make the entire decision of the recruitment. Instead the employees and other people such as the consultants also present their opinion regarding the process and the potential candidates. In modern times, many multinational and blue chip companies have switched to this initiative of recruitment for certain profitable reasons. The pointers that make such type of hiring beneficial are listed below.
- There are companies such as Apple, Facebook and Google who have already shifted to this model of hiring and have established the fact that this approach is directly proportional to the profitable innovation. It is an advantageous approach to the business process as a whole.
- The key selling point of this approach is the existing employee base. Involving them in the recruitment process means increasing the visibility of the process. This augments the transparency and decision making within organization. Due to this benefit, it is usually preferable by a manpower consultancy.
- In this approach, the employees become the face of recruitment and they are the best sales person in this scenario. Candidates tend to get more convinced about the job role and the company and there is a higher chance of accepting the offer.
- Since, the candidates interact with the future team members before hand during the interview process; they can understand the team behavior and attitude of the work environment. It reduces the chances of unwanted friction of attitude.
- Since there are different opinions involved in the recruitment process, it is easier to identify any existing loopholes within the system. In this the evaluation of the candidate is also performed in a more structured and effective manner.
- The referral program becomes much more effective through this approach. It shows the value addition of the employees in the recruitment process and the efforts are also recognized in the form of rewards. This in turn increases the quality of hire as well as the volume in a positive way.
- It contributes towards employer branding that gives a significant competitive edge in the market or industry. This initiative showcases the employee involvement in major workforce building initiative and projects an employee centric work culture of the company.
- This directly contributes towards the productivity of the new recruit. As the team members were involved in the hiring process, they are more involved in training the new recruit and bringing him or her up to the level of essential productivity. It is helpful for the entire business process in the long run.
The collaborative hiring process increases the level of knowledge of existing employees as well. During the interview process, the exchange of questions, answers and queries help in understanding the market conditions as well the company stand point in view of the outside world from the candidate. This aids in better implementation of business strategies.