The changing economic trends have influenced industry and business structure of every country across the globe. The business trends, workforce management, HR services have been influenced by these trends as well. People look at an employment opportunity under different viewpoint altogether. Traditionally a job change previously meant better compensation and a higher position. Freshers looked upon the job opportunity as a financial support in return for services. But now the definition of job change has been altered completely. It represents a better career opportunity which gives a person the chance to grow rather than just a salary hike. The growth is marked by the scope of training in order to learn a new skill, creative idea channel and much more. The current worldwide workforce is characterized by following elements.
- Workforce diversity is a fundamental element of any company. This diversity is portrayed by age, gender, culture, background and so on. The workforce diversity has influenced the knowledge flow, strategic planning and decision making in a positive way.
- The geographical scope of the worker is no longer limited to the place of origin or the ethnicity. This is due to the fact that the developing and the developed economies are creating equivalent amount of workers.
- The global operations of companies have influenced the worldwide communication system between the employees. Hence, workers are no longer constricted to their own location. Instead they share their views and suggestions through the networking system.
- The migration tendency has increased among the people for the job opportunities.
- People are seeking for benefits within the organization. It can be in terms of knowledge sharing, family benefits, skill development scope and much more. The award and appreciation system is also considered majorly. Other than just a salary, recognition of the effort or an idea is influential.
- Work and personal life balance is important. Due the highly developed connectivity measures, a person is virtually carrying his office around everywhere. This creates unwanted pressure and stress which impacts the personal life and eventually has a negative impact on the performance. Hence flexible work timings, health benefits and such like are popular in the requirement list.
- Lastly clear communication between the employee base and the management regarding the short term objective, long term goals and career path of the employees in relation to the company growth is also a prerequisite.
All these characteristics of the global workforce point towards the fact that a new job is no more an earning medium only. It represents the career growth and direction of an individual. Therefore, due to these developments, the role of the recruitment agencies has become important in this regard. They help candidates in building up their careers by assisting in effective resume build up, showcasing the resume to the appropriate industry and companies so that the job opportunity becomes the foundation for a successful career in the long term. They create the building blocks of an appropriate career initiation.