Today’s recruitment process has become very dynamic owing to the changing trends of the corporate structure, industry and market drift. As the candidate base for the companies have increased, the opportunities for the qualified and skilled professionals have also gone up with time. For a person to join a company in current times, there are factors other than just a fat paycheck which influences the decision. With the new generation inclined towards innovation and new work ethics, there is a lot more to the employment criteria. Hence for the employment branding and marketing strategy, the following points need to be considered.
- The brand image is the first impression of a company on the candidate. Hence it has to put forth the best of the organization. This will help the candidates to relate to their own aspirations in the growth and functioning principles of the company.
- The reality to the brand image advertising in also very important in this regard. If a company claims for certain pattern of functioning, team management or creativity during employment, it should stick to that definition. It is better not to over commit or hide certain pointers. In both cases, it will create negativity within the employee and will result in faster attrition.
- The employment branding terms should be in sync with the overall brand position. The industry intricate and job requirements should showcase the image of the company.
- Now days just a higher salary is not enough to get a skilled professional. Candidates look for knowledge growth, creativity opportunities, emotional attachment initiatives and much more. It is better to have programs and sessions in this regard. This will showcase the career growth opportunities of the individual also.
- Lastly, not every initiative is meant for every company. Hence, just because some other brand launched a creative program or initiated an employee award function does not mean that it will work for others too. It is better to perform an in-depth R&D regarding the entire requirement and a feasibility study of the schemes before launching them.
The intricate details of the employment branding and marketing:
- Finally coming to the strategy itself, since this is a comparatively new concept, it is better to collaborate with a HR organization or recruitment firm for the design and follow through of the entire process. It will help in better understanding of the employee life cycle and factors influencing it.
- Using the existing employees as brand advocates can be beneficial in this segment. They can spread the information about the management scenario and work ethics on social platforms. These inputs are more relatable to the candidates.
- The hiring managers and recruiters of the company should be able to refer to the employment branding and should be able to represent the information and culture along the similar lines. A comprehensive discussion and training in this case can come in handy.
A multi level effort can be yield great results. Billboards, news about an award ceremony, certain interviews of senior management on distinguished channels can grow positive impact.